Requirements for Marriage Registration Under Indian Christian Marriage Act 1972
- At least one of the party to marriage should be Christian and Domiciled of Maharashtra.
- Age of Bride must be above 18 years and Bridegroom must be 21 years.
- One of the party to Marriage should give notice in prescribed form with relevant documents at least 5 days before date of Registration. The notice will be valid for 60 days.
- Following attested copies of documents required to be attached to form of notice.
- Ration card of both the party
- Baptism Certificate of both the party.
- Copy of passport (if available)
- Photograph of both party pasted on Notice form.
- Notice form should be legibly filled in CAPITAL LETTERS with date and signature of one of the parties who gives notice.
- After acceptance of notice, Marriage Registrar will give the date for registration on which date both the parties should remain present with two witnesses in the office of Marriage Registrar.
- On the date of Registration, the parties to Marriage along with two witnesses will have to come to Office of Marriage Registrar on the above address.
- While coming for Registration candidates and witnesses should bring one of the following photo identity for entry in Mantralaya.
- Election Card
- Driving License
- Photo identity card issued by employer
- Photo identity letter issued by S.E.O.or Gazetted officer
Mr. Ashish Lopes, oversees the Christian Marriage Registrations in the Maharashtra Mantrayala. His Office Address is:
Mr. Ashish Lopes
O/o Christian Marriage Registrar
General Administration Department
Room No.557 Annex, 5th Floor,
Mantralaya, Backbay Reclamation,
Churchgate, Mumbai -400032,
Contact No : 022 22793344